Hand Stamped and Tea Stained

Finley Stamped Shirt Top Max Stamped Onesie Close up

I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for cute unique clothes, especially when it comes to boys.  Today, a light bulb went off in my head!!  I read an article a couple of weeks ago about tea staining paper.  As I was watching the little two play on the porch, I thought… “Hmmm, I wonder if it would work on white shirts?”  The effect is EXACTLY what I wanted.  YES!!

Finley Stamped Shirt Max Stamped Oneise

The “f” shirt is for Finley and the “max” shirt is a custom order.  I left Finley’s in the tea quite a bit longer than Max’s, but I do like the look of both.  I had an old shirt of mine that was stained and waiting for Goodwill.  I knew it would be perfect for my creative inspiration.  I got out my stamps, brushed on a bit of black acrylic paint, and stamped away.  :)  I cut roughly around the “f” and the “max,” applied steam-a-seam to the under side, and ironed them on the tea stained shirts.  I then top stitched with black thread… ta-dah!

Max Stamped Onesie Close Finley Stamped Shirt Close

Finley’s puckered up wee bit along the left edge… I didn’t put the steam-a-seam all the way to the edge of the fabric.  I’m WAY thankful I did that on Finn’s and NOT the custom order.

I can’t wait to make more!!

Linking up to a few of these parties… You know you wanna party too

~Have a great weekend~

11 comments:

These shirts rock! I can already picture them on a rough and tumbly boy. You have incredible talent!!

That's a very cute idea! Boys are harder to figure out stuff to make for than girls, so finding something to craft for the boys is always fun!

Those are great. I need a shirt for Griffin. A "G" on a short sleeved shirt would work! Let me know what you need from me... A shirt, A shirt size???

Those turned out great!!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your house.. you must have craft ideas pouring out your ears. I keep thinking.... HOW CAN I GET THIS TO RUB OFF ON ME!!!! ?????

These look really great. I love dying with tea too!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

The applique is perfect for a little boy! Awesome! :D Finding suitable crafts for boys can be HARD, lol.

Hoe cute! Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

These turned out great! I love tea staining. We did alot of tea staining for my wedding and it always was great. If you want a darker brown shade use coffee and it turns out great too.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

These are super duper cute!
xo,
Sena

Never thought of trying tea staining, but I will now! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

So neat and stylish! Love this look, great job!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and enjoy EVERY comment I receive!! Please leave me a way to get back in touch with you so I can return the favor. :)