Cherish Love Forever

Despite the fact that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, this picture frame was actually a gift for hubs’ bday.  He ALWAYS buys whatever he wants, when he wants it.  This little habit of his proves to be very difficult when I actually need to get him a present.  I’ve resorted to making him things instead.  I don’t know if he really likes my presents or not, but at least it’s something he can’t buy for himself. :)

It was actually SUPER easy to make!  I went bin diving in my craft stash and only used what I had around the house!

 Supplies I used:

Plain wooden frame from Michael’s, wood scraps

Mod Podge, craft paint, stamps, twine

Scrapbook paper, scrapbook embellishments, pearls

Glue gun

I cut the scrapbook paper to fit the frame and mod podged it in place.  Then, painted the remaining exposed wood white.  I took a small wood scrap, painted it white, stamped “love” on it with black paint, mod podged over it, and hot glued it on the upper right corner.  Next, I stamped “forever” on a scrapbook embellishment paper I found and mod podged it at the bottom of the frame. 

Glue gun time:

I hot glued letter tiles to spell “cherish” down the side of the frame and accented them with pearls.  I think the little scrapbook flowers are super pretty… so I glued a couple of those on the lower right corner.  In the upper left corner, I made a birds nest out of twine, hot glued it in place, and glued the bird safely in his nest.  I thought he might like a rose to keep him company and slapped that bad boy up there as well.

Here is a pic of the completed frame without a picture in it.  I used a pic from when we renewed our vows this summer in Jamaica.  That way, when he looks at it in his office, he can remember to…

“cherish (our) love forever.”

Linking Up Here:

UndertheTableandDreamingJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party! Photobucket
The DIY Show Off Sumo Sweet Stuff
 

AND HERE

10 comments:

What a great picture frame! I wish I was that crafty.

I'm following you from the Tatertots & Jello linky party.

Aw, that is so thoughtful and creative!! Do you just dream up these ideas or are you inspired by something you have seen? I see on so many blogs about how your content is super important and needs to be authentic but maybe I lack creativity or authenticity? I love your idea!! How did you get your comments to appear on the top of your posts?

This is gorgeous! You are so creative. I looove how it turned out.

Beautiful work! This frame will be treasured for years (along with the sweet photo)! ~Val

So pretty! I love when I can pull something great together out of supplies I have on hand when I wasn't even planning for it! The letter tiles are my favorite part... next to your gorgeous picture of course :)

Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

The Treasurista
Finding and Creating FUN things...

What a cute frame Ü I ♥ how that turned out.

Love this idea..so crafty and beautiful.Love the vintage feel. You are truly talented girl.Love checking out what you are up to :)

So precious! You can't get any better than homemade! ;)

Cristina from ohmyohme.com

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and enjoy EVERY comment I receive!! Please leave me a way to get back in touch with you so I can return the favor. :)