Texture LOVE (and a twirl skirt, too)

Emily Twirl Outfit
I’ve only been working on this twirl skirt for Em for
about a year. 
Every time I started working on it, I would get overwhelmed and just put it to the side.  I think God knew I didn’t have the patience to sew for more than one girl and that’s why He made the other 3 boys. Emily and I collaborated  to pick out the fabrics and we both agreed on Tina Givens…  my baby girl has GOOD taste! :)
Emily Twirl Skirt2
She wanted to make sure it had purple and blue, her two favorite hues.  I obliged.
Emily Twirl Skirt
After the skirt was finally finished (and by some miracle still actually fit), the shirt posed another challenge.  The fabrics of the skirt are so bold and colorful that I didn’t want the shirt to distract from the outfit.  Em and I looked at embroidery designs for HOURS to no avail. 

You know that state where you aren’t exactly awake but you aren’t quite asleep yet either? 
This time is when the best (and weirdest) ideas pop into my head.  I even keep a notebook beside my bed to write down the good stuff. Seriously, if I don’t write it down, it’s g-o-n-e by the next morning!  I know, I know, I’m crazy.  I blame it on all the kids. :)

Back to the idea…
LAYERED TEXTURE!!
I started digging around the next morning and found everything I wanted…. silk, mini pom pom fringe, lace, tulle, and a scribbled rose embroidery design.  Put them all together and
                         swoon
                                                      texture love!!!
Multi-textured designs just make me happy.  When everything comes together like it’s meant to be, my heart gets all warm and fuzzy.  I’m just saying…
Linking up with these parties this week.  Check some of them out for some fabulous ideas. :)

14 comments:

Love it! Totally cute. Do you sell them? You should. Super sweet.

oooh, I think this is so darn cute!! I'm the same way about ideas that come to me in the night and then I wake up and can't think of what it was..I love this skirt! The top is adorable too!!

THis is soooooo cute! I love how it came out! I am visiting from Eisy Morgan and I am a new follower!!
Hope you are having a good day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

That skirt is just gorgeous! Really a great choice of lovely bold fabrics together!
And I love your embroidery design for the t-shirt - great textures and an overall beautiful look!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

The whole outfit is stunning. I love how ruffly the skirt is!

I love it. That skirt is just too cute. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

I love it- the fabrics are so cute, and the shirt looks great with it!

I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow for Three Things Thursday. I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

I discovered your blog a months ago, and impress to watch all of the inspiring things you do. You are really a genuine and talented writer and decorator. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful projects, thoughts and ideas.

So cute & such great fabric choices. Love it!

Warmly, Michelle

That is super cute. Defintly good taste in fabrics. Love how you finished the outfit off with that shirt. Lovely.
~Kimberlee

What a cute outfit! That shirt is really fun!

This turned out absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Stache Party! I hope you'll come back next month to link up!
Stephanie
mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

LOVE the shirt and skirt! Beautiful job!

Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Hello, did you follow a tutorial or pattern for doing the skirt?? I'd love to make one for my little princess...it is really cool!

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and enjoy EVERY comment I receive!! Please leave me a way to get back in touch with you so I can return the favor. :)