Apple Festival

Finley and Daddy Picking Apple

So, I mentioned that I was all excited about fall this year.  We were actually able to go somewhere as a family that didn’t involve a sporting event or grocery shopping!!!  Honestly, I don’t know that last time we were able to do something fun like this with the kids. 

Our destination:  The Apple Festival in North Georgia.  It only took us about an hour and a half to get there and it was WELL worth the drive. :))

Jack Picking Apple

Jack Apple

Who would have thought that picking apples could make ALL of my kids so happy??

Max picking apple

Max and Finley

As you can see, Finn is over the top and Max is assuming his tween picture attitude.  Despite his “Seriously, Mom?” look that I want to slap off his face, he was almost as excited as the little ones (at least that’s what I’m telling myself.)

Finley and Mommy Picking Apple

Finley and Mommy

I don’t think Finley stopped smiling until he fell asleep tonight.  He kept running through the trees, knocking all the low apples to the ground, and SQUEALING in delight. 

Emily apple

In proper independent style, Emily took off on her own so I wasn’t able to get as many pics of her.  I was the loud mouth mom yelling, “EMILY” every minute that I couldn’t see her.  I’m sure everyone there was thinking, geez lady control your kids already.  She found some of the biggest apples… like seriously BIG:

Big Apple

It’s bigger than my hand!

Jack Apple Bag

Jack with one of our bags of loot.

In the car on the way home, Finley said, “What a wonderful memory we made.”  Geez, he’s 3!  Where does he come up with this stuff??

1 comments:

Gosh that does look like fun! I wish there was something like that around here for us to go to! Looks like you guys had a great family bonding day! Yearly tradition?? Your kiddo's are so cute!! Even that tween smug face :)

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and enjoy EVERY comment I receive!! Please leave me a way to get back in touch with you so I can return the favor. :)