Banana Ghosts… Nom Nom Nom

Banana Ghost

Aren’t they cute??  A yummy and healthy Halloween treat! 

You want to make them with your kids don’t you? 

Well, of course you do so here’s how:

Banana ghosts supplies

Supplies:

Banana (I cut them in half as I did this as a snack in Jack’s kindergarten class…  11 bananas are ALOT cheaper than 22!)

Mini chocolate chips

Regular chocolate chips

You may even have all the supplies you need at home already.  :)

Banana Ghosts peeling

Peel the banana.

Banana Ghosts eyes

When placing the chocolate chips in the banana, push the pointed tip into the banana so it will stick in well.

Banana Ghosts eye

Insert two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.

Banana Ghosts mouth

Place one large chocolate chip under the eyes for the ghost mouth.

Banana Ghost

That’s it!  You are done!!

You can adapt this yummy snack for a year round treat.  Em was still hungry after she ate this one.

Banana Ghost Yummy

So, she made a banana buddy next.

Banana Ghost Buddy

The kids can randomly stick the chocolate chips all over the banana for a “buggy” affect. 

I mean, honestly, we all know that chocolate and bananas go fabulous together.  This is easier to make and much healthier than a banana split.  So, hand over the chocolate chips

Banana Ghosts Kids

and let those kids create!!!!

Linking up here this week!

3 comments:

I love those!!! Such a cute idea!! Chocolate and bananas are so yummy together--I agree!!

Two things come to mind with this treat: Great fine motor activity, and great feeding activity. Oh! And sensory (what with touching the banana and all...)

My daughter loves bananas! She would love making these. :)

I'd love for you to come share at this weeks link party: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinteresting-linky-party-week-ten.html

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and enjoy EVERY comment I receive!! Please leave me a way to get back in touch with you so I can return the favor. :)